- The project manager is asking me when the deadline is.
- The existing plan files (given to us by the client) are neither dimensionally accurate, nor what is actually existing.
- Most of the drawing files associated with the job have “issues,” which cause AutoCAD to crash fairly regularly.
- We have been unable to obtain an existing underground utility survey.
- Supposedly, there are two underground fuel tanks in the areas we need to dig in order to build column footings.
- We finally got a utility survey back (drawn in PowerPoint, no less) with a clouded area showing “possible location of third underground fuel tank.”
- The client asks us to take part of one drawing package and “just” add it to a different package.
- The Project Manager thinks it will take one day to do this task.
- It actually takes five.
- The due date is still the same.
- Some team members don’t realize that you can’t just change a file name on the server without royally screwing several other files.
- I accidentally deleted one of the files from the server (with no hope of retrieval) while trying to fix this error.
- The designer is still designing.
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
13 reasons I know my project is doomed
After receiving the suggestion to create a "top 10" list, I settled on the number thirteen- the cliched number of bad luck...